POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : landscape sans media - take 2 : landscape sans media - take 2 Server Time
18 Aug 2024 14:21:36 EDT (-0400)
  landscape sans media - take 2
From: Abe
Date: 9 Apr 2001 20:13:08
Message: <3AD25016.B35D9951@taconic.net>
First, thanks for the feedback! Interesting to note that what looks ok
on my LCD monitor is probably too light on a CRT.

Primary tweak was trying to improve the bluish "depth cue" on the
mountains. Still not satisfactory - technique requires further
consideration. My intention was to be able to apply a fog or haze effect
to individual objects instead of globally.

Tried applying cloud shadows, but the view orientation is poor and the
effect is only very subtle.

As a composition I can see where my lack of decision on scale confuses
things. However, I don't intend to do too much more on this particular
pic since it is after all an
exercise.

Abe

Post a reply to this message